Friday, December 17, 2010

School Day

Yesterday, my friend Krystel, an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) who also lives in Takayama, invited me to spend a day with her at one of the schools where she teaches English. This particular school is way out in the countryside and home to under 30 students from 1st to 6th grade. Some grades are comprised of only 2 kids! I played some number games with the students, ate lunch with them, played a few games of basketball in the gym, and took part in a very serious game of tag. It was a blast!


Also, I made two good friends!
























One huge difference between the Japanese school system and the American system is that here there are no janitors, instead all the students do their part everyday to clean the school. I was shown how it's properly done:

No comments:

Post a Comment