Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tokyo By Night

After the design events ended for the day and before the subways shut down at midnight, I had some hours to explore the city. Tokyo is a city made to be seen at night.

Sensoji Temple is arguably the most famous temple in Tokyo, it is also the biggest in the city. It is kept in immaculate condition and probably the best lit temple I have seen.




Harajuku Station as seen from a pedestrian overpass.

Here's a back alley I stumble upon in Shibuya. Shibuya is one of Tokyo's busiest districts, but small, endearing streets like this still abound.


Also, my first night in Tokyo happened to be the first stop of the Japan leg of the band Vampire Weekend's world tour. To be honest, before the concert I didn't know too much about Vampire Weekend, I liked a few of their songs, and I had their two albums on my Ipod that I got from a friend, but that's about it. I just wanted to see a concert in Japan! And the timing was pretty perfect... They were so good live!


No comments:

Post a Comment